Studio and Bid Co-ordinator Job Advert
17th February 2021
Contract Type: Ongoing and full-time/ part-time possible
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Responsible to: Director
Location: Camden Town, North London
Advertised from: 18th February 2021
Applications by: 12th March 2021
Interviews: 15th – 19th March 2021
Start date: ASAP or 19th April 2021
David Kohn Architects is looking to recruit a studio and bid co-ordinator to support the practice’s administration and new business functions. The role is diverse and includes aspects of HR, finance, marketing and facilities management. You will report to senior staff and liaise with all studio members, external consultants and project stakeholders. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual interested in working in a creative studio environment and playing a key part in creating the conditions for producing excellent design work.
David Kohn Architects was established in 2007 and has gained an international reputation for the quality of its design. We collaborate with our clients, consultant teams and end users to deliver highly tailored schemes that exceed expectations. We are currently working on major projects including an architecture faculty in Belgium, a university campus in Oxford and creative workspace buildings in Greenwich. Supporting our clients in the drive towards carbon negative futures is an important part of our current and future work.
- Acting as studio front-of-house, communicating the studio’s values to clients and collaborators;
- Supporting the directors and team leaders in both practice and project administration;
- Liaising with the studio’s HR consultants and co-ordinating recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, staff reviews, field trips and social events;
- Liaising with the studio’s accountants and bookkeeper to ensure all day-to-day financial matters are up-to-date and attend to queries;
- Co-ordinate the studio’s bids, marketing materials, website and social media presence;
- Managing the studio facilities, resources, library and archives;
- Supporting the Director with diary management and travel arrangements.
Experience and Knowledge
- At least three years working in a similar administrative role in a creative industry;
- Previous experience within an architecture practice is preferable but not essential;
- Experience of working in a business of at least ten people, requiring co-ordination of staff engagement with HR, finance, marketing and facilities;
- Experience of website CRM systems and online marketing tools;
- Knowledge of architecture and arts through personal interest desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to engage and motivate colleagues;
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written;
- Capacity to multi-task, prioritise effectively and work to deadlines;
- Sensitivity to graphic and presentation design in relation to marketing and bid materials;
- Financial literacy ranging from invoicing to budget management;
- Ability to take initiative in establishing office systems;
- Ability to work independently with a high level of attention to detail;
- High IT literacy in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Confident, affable and open to working in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Competitive salary and performance related bonus;
- Profit share bonus scheme;
- Competitive workplace pension;
- Training (formal and informal);
- Annual office trip (COVID permitting);
- Tickets to evening lectures (COVID permitting);
- Friday lunches and evening drinks (COVID permitting).
How to Apply
Applications should be made through the practice’s online job board at https://davidkohn.bamboohr.com/jobs/ and requires:
- A cover letter explaining how you meet all the criteria for the post, and why you want to work for DKA;
- CV detailing previous experience and qualifications;
- A portfolio of up to eight sides of A4 showing examples of relevant work eg bids/ graphic material;
- We will only be able to enter into correspondence with shortlisted candidates;
- Direct applications, no recruitment agencies please;
- David Kohn Architects is an Equal Opportunities Employer.